For readers, CleanWIP Magazine is a great place to read brief teasers from upcoming, but yet unpublished, works of authors who write toward the clean end of the spectrum. Readers can also expect to find articles, personal glimpses, free book deals, and new release announcements from these same authors.
We’re glad you joined us as we work together to bring you great content you can feel comfortable reading aloud to a room filled with strangers in a laundromat while waiting for clothes to dry. (Results may vary.)
Some of the decorative photos attached to article and header images used throughout the magazine are by CleanWIP Magazine founder, Earl Chinnici, and are copyrighted on the date of publication. All Rights Reserved. We also use contributed photos as well as photos from websites that give permission for commercial use. (We try to always give prominent credit to the photographer, even when this is not required).
For authors who market their writings as ‘clean,’ we’re a friend in your corner. We aim to help with exposure and author networking. We also host some great resources here.
About the #CleanWIP Author Hashtag Game
Why does CleanWIP Magazine do this?
- CleanWIP Magazine hosts the #CleanWIP author hashtag game six days a week (Sunday through Friday) to help us find clean content to share with readers and to help us find authors who market their works as ‘clean.’ Our favorite #CleanWIP lines might be used in the magazine—always with proper author credit and almost always with social profile or website linking to the original post or tweet.
What’s in it for authors?
- Exposure. We might use your lines in the magazine. Even lines we don’t pick for the site, you are sharing with your fans and doing so in such a way you’re also encouraging others, perhaps especially authors of the same genre, to share with their fans.
- Author hashtag games also help authors clean their works-in-progress of overused words, improper use of homonyms, poor sentence structure, and all sorts of other things authors don’t generally like to send out to beta readers and editors.
How it works.
- We generally post new themes each Thursday for the week approaching on the Themes page of this e-zine.
- Sunday through Thursday, the day’s theme is announced in a collaboration post in the CleanWIP Facebook author group.
- We encourage writers of clean writings to create a public social network post or tweet with the #CleanWIP hashtag and an interesting line… or two… or three… maybe six lines if they’re really short… from a work-in-progress based on the posted theme.
- To help us and other members of the group find those posts & tweets, authors should also post a link to each in the group’s thread for that particular day.
- Relaxed Fridays are similar, but slightly different.
NOTE: Twitter does seem to still be the most relevant and compatible place for this type of author game/exercise, but if you bring a link to a proper #CleanWIP post you’ve created on any of the social platforms, we’ll certainly try to help it be noticed.